Dear school leaders,
For MTLT#5, we asked you this question:
You can take a bath using any of the three showers.
Which of the three showers will you turn ON, if you want to get maximum speed of water on your head?
(A) Shower I
(B) Shower II
(C) Shower III
(D) Any of the three can be turned ON
Correct answer: (D) Any of the three can be turned ON
The effective height of fall of water in all the three cases is the same. Take the case 1, for example, even though the water will come with lesser speed as compared to other two cases. But, when it will reach your head, it will gain the same speed as others.
When the water comes out in case 1, it will come out with lesser speed as it has pressure due to lesser height of the water above it. For the bottom most shower, the pressure is more due to greater height difference from the top. The water from the bottom most shower has the lesser distance to travel after coming out, as compared to the top-most shower.
So, eventually, all the waters will have to cover the same distance from the top-most point. As pressure is only dependent on height, all the three showers will give the same speed of water.
So, all the three showers are similar to the case when you connect a shower just next to your head on the tank. Hence, you can chose any of the three showers.
How School Leaders responded?
Lucky Draw Winners:
1. Teresa Varman GEMS Millennium School, Sharjah 👏
2. Anubha Goyal Royal Global School , Guwahati, Assam 👏
3. Chetna Raj Gitanjali Senior School, Hyderabad 👏
School Leaders who submitted the correct answer:
1. Jayakumar Nagasamy JSS International School, Dubai
2. Shankar Singh Adhikari The Rajkumar College Rajkot
3. Rajni Bhalla St Peter High school Secunderabad
4. Subina Chopra, The Aryan International, Varanasi
5. Jyothi, St.Peter’s High School.
6. Dr Rupali Dhamdhere, Trinity International School, Pune
7. Fathima, Springfields School- Hyderabad
8. Gitanjali Kalita Sarma, Sanskriti The Gurukul, Guwahati
9. MG Jacob, Tashi Namgyal Academy, Gangtok
10. Dr. Pampa Chaudhuri PICT Model School, Pune
11. Deepak Khaitan, Sunshine Worldwide Secondary School, Goa
12. Prashant Sharma, Ambuja Vidya Niketan, Ambujanagar
13. Tina Olayi, Little Angels High School- Gwalior.
14. Mayur Thourani, MM School, Raipur
15. Deepak Gupta, Shri Rama Bharti Public School, Bahadurgarh
16. Rashmi Grover, Swarn Prastha School, Sonepat
Would you like to know how Open Door can help your children think with similar beautiful questions?
Share this question with your friends: